Author Topic: Garrison Tells It Like It Was & Still Is - At His Finest - Against Fairy Tales!  (Read 29734 times)

Peter Lemkin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqo2c_SxQag

Broadcast in 1967 in response to a NBC 'hit piece' on his investigation. I dare any MSM to publish the transcript or re-broadcast that for the 50th - they wouldn't dare to. The control mechanisms now are worse than they were in 1963 or 1967 - they are the worst they have ever been....as America, IMO, is well along the path to a totalitarian corporate/oligarchy-run police state in which the Truth is what THEY say it is...not what it really is or was. History is written by the victors....unless WE the PEOPLE fight back and resist the lies - the Fairy Tales - as Garrison calls them in this EXCELLENT half-hour!

Phil Dragoo

• Global Moderator
Shaw, Permindex/CMC, Gladio, Dulles
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 05:51:34 AM »
Peter, I've seen that and it's excellent.

Jim DiEugenio in Destiny Betrayed second edition reveals why Helms and Hoover launched an unprecedented air armada of winged monkeys to destroy Jim Garrison the man and his case against Clay Shaw.

Now in Reclaiming Parkland we see McCloy as a fascist wannabe and Dulles as admiring Goebbels and a nascent Arabist.

Rose Cheramie was a gift from a benevolent God.

The convoy from Miami through New Orleans to Dallas.

And Shaw, besides CIA, had links to OAS and attempts on DeGaulle, and in Permindex/CMC is Gladio which Sibel Edmonds said originated in the mind of Allen Dulles.

And through the hellfire of slimers like Aynesworth and the moles and the press fairies shrieking the mannered Jim Garrison remained focused and compelling, Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird.

The book and film of Day of the Jackal might be overlaid in light of Shaw-OAS-DeGaulle

Ferrie's prior rants on a crossfire, association with Lee Oswald, death within hours of del Valle

Garrison was closer than the Unspeakable could allow

TLR

I was impressed when I first saw that, and amazed frankly that he was allowed so much air time. It wouldn't happen today. He would be "interviewed" by Anderson Cooper, who would smirk and call him a conspiracy theorist, and now it's time for this commercial break...

Alan Dale

• Administrator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqo2c_SxQag

Broadcast in 1967 in response to a NBC 'hit piece' on his investigation. I dare any MSM to publish the transcript or re-broadcast that for the 50th - they wouldn't dare to. The control mechanisms now are worse than they were in 1963 or 1967 - they are the worst they have ever been....as America, IMO, is well along the path to a totalitarian corporate/oligarchy-run police state in which the Truth is what THEY say it is...not what it really is or was. History is written by the victors....unless WE the PEOPLE fight back and resist the lies - the Fairy Tales - as Garrison calls them in this EXCELLENT half-hour!

^ Thank you, Peter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxp_EoNTrbc courtesy of David Von Pein

For all who have not been refreshed by listening to the complete audio of Jim Garrison's appearance with a very primed and adversarial Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show, 31 Jan., 1968, here's Mr. Garrison's summation from the final segment of that program:

"...I am trying to tell you that there is no question, as the result of our investigation, that an element of the Central Intelligence Agency of our country killed John Kennedy, and that the present administration is concealing the fact. There is no question about it at all...I know it, and if you will just wait, you will see that History will support this as fact."

Mr. Garrison is forcefully declaring, unambiguously, in public, on network television, that an element of the CIA killed President Kennedy.

It was late January of 1968.

The fact that this many years later some extremely serious scholars who've labored over an ocean of declassified documents, scrutinized every syllable of congressional testimonies and investigative reports, awaited decades of incremental improvements in scientific methods and technologies, and persevered in an intellectual war against an entrenched authoritarian bureaucracy which is resistant to free inquiry have come to the same conclusion is rather astonishing.
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will determine our destiny.

RFK

Phil Dragoo

• Global Moderator
Jim Garrison and Fidel Castro see the CIA hand
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:06:24 PM »
Jim Garrison was such a danger in targeting CIA asset Clay Shaw despite the shrieking mockingbirds--he named the beast.

Fidel Castro in his speech the day after the assassination spoke of the CIA as doing such things.

Concerning the Facts and Consequences
of the Tragic Death of
President John F. Kennedy
November 23rd, 1963

by Fidel Castro

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/JFK/HWNAU/FC112363.html

With Dulles as director overt/covert we have links up, down, horizontal:  sponsors, facilitators, mechanics--and call the number on your screen in the next ten minutes and you have the originator of the Gladio strategy of tension.

TLR

“…our Government is the CIA and the Pentagon, with Congress reduced to a debating society… We won't build Dachaus and Auschwitzes; the clever manipulation of the mass media is creating a concentration camp of the mind that promises to be far more effective in keeping the populace in line … I've learned enough about the machinations of the CIA in the past year  to know that this is no longer the dream world America I once believed in … Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security.”

Garrison’s interview given to Playboy magazine in October 1967

Leslie Sharp

With the 50th anniversary, and grateful to internet access to obscure data and the work of expert researchers, Kennedy's assassination must now be studied in an international / ideological context.  We need to move beyond the myopia of Cuba and Viet Nam and how our government dealt with those hotspots.  We need to recognize the threat that Kennedy and others who were equally committed to global democracy posed to international aristocracy and colonial/capitalist expansion.  In effect, we Americans need to grow up and get beyond our national narcissism.

Puzzle pieces possibly relevant to Clay Shaw, the OAS, and the attempts on deGaulle (one of at least a dozen attempted assassinations and fulfilled assassinations of the period that should be studied in the context of the murder of John Kennedy and of critical importance, vice versa):

OAS-related Jean Soutre, (Roux, Mertz), expelled from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area immediately after the assassination of Kennedy

OAS vigorously opposed to deGaulle's position on Algeria (Senator John Kennedy's insistence that Algerians deserved independence)

French Intelligence (SDECE) officer Pierre T. deVosjoli's relationship with the CIA's Jesse J. Angleton

deVosjoli's conviction that the deGaulle government had been infiltrated by the Soviets

deVosjoli's friend and confidant Frank "Brandy" Brandstetter since 1959, Havana

Brandstetter's reports to the Pentagon/Kennedy Administration relating to deV's concerns about deGaulle

Kennedy Administration advising Brandstetter to stand down on the issue

Brandstetter's insistence that he did not serve President Kennedy, he served the cause of anti-communism (paraphrasing)

Brandstetter's heritage as descendant of nobleman of the Austro-Hungarian empire

Ferenc Negy, Prime Minster of Hungary and chairman of Permindex

Permindex as it related to Clay Shaw and the Garrison investigation and related to global international trade marts; Kennedy's final destination, The Dallas Trade Mart, developed by Trammell Crow, business partner of Clint Murchison, Angus Wynne (ref. Marina Oswald post assassination).

The Clay Shaw list of lower nobility connected to the United Kingdom and Europe similar to Brandstetter-Hubicki's baronial status, all steeped in the esoteric.

Brandstetter's role with the Pentagon and Jack Crichton's Dallas-based 488th Military Intel unit

Brandstetter's residence in Dallas, ten blocks from the obscure office of Continental Leasing owned by his colleague
Scott Walker, with connections in New Mexico;  Walker moved the operation to Shreveport, LA  (Maj. Edwin Walker - alleged victim of an assassination attempt by Lee Harvey Oswald - was in Shreveport speaking to a segregationist group on November 22, 1963)

Brandstetter's role with Henry Crown's Hilton International and by implication General Dynamics;  Crown and Hilton established the Waldorf Astoria in New York as the NY White House for international powerbrokers; the Waldorf Towers was home to Retired General John D. MacArthur

Frank Pace, CEO of Crown's General Dynamics was former Sec. of Army, board member of CBS, Time, Inc. and DC-based Nationwide Securities with fired CIA Director Allen Dulles and former Joint Chiefs of Staff Nathan Twining

Hilton International's board member Richard Cunningham Patterson who was Ambassador to Guatamala in the lead up to the CIA's overthrow of Arbenz; Patterson was also investor/director in Burrus Mills of Amarillo, home to LANL (Los Alamos National Labs and Paperclip's Walter Dornberger - whose papers were bequeathed to Frank Brandstetter) support operation PanTex and Bell Helicopter as well as Jack Crichton's Dorchester Gas on whose board was school depository building owner, DH Byrd.  Crichton was an executive of Empire Trust whose directors included John McCloy's brother in law, LD Douglas (both of whom were related by marriage to post World War II Germany's Konrad Adenaur), and Edgar Bronfman, Seagrams CEO and future employer of Brandy Brandstetter in Mexico

Brandstetter's role with Crown's Havana Hilton, and his/their invitation to Fidel Castro on the eve of the revolution to house the revolutionary regime in the hotel (play all sides when considering exploitative investments); Manuel Ray, engineer for the Hilton, would later be central to counter-revolutionary Cuba; confusion, disruption.

Brandstetter's role in the development of Las Brisas in Acapulco

Brandstetter's role in the foundation of David Atlee Phillips' AFIO (Association of Former Intelligence Officers)

Brandstetter's relationship with the rich and influential, including the diPortanova's of Houston

diPortanova's christening of their Las Brisas mansion, Arabesque, centered on the presence of Henry Kissinger

Ricky diPortanova's grandfather, Roy Cullen, Houston oil man

Jack Porter represented both Roy Cullen and Sid Richardson in oil deals before their deaths prior to 1960

Jack Porter, campaign manager for Ike Eisenhower and the fledgling Republican party in Texas

Republican Party candidate Jack Crichton, future executive with (Douglas, McCloy - United Fruit - Bronfman) Empire Trust whose investments were deep into Cuba via United Fruit

Jack Porter's contact with Robert Ray McKeown regarding an introduction to Fidel Castro

Jack Porter's insistence that McKeown meet him in the Mellon-funded Gulf Oil Building in downtown Houston

Robert Ray McKeown's familiarity with Dallas oil man Clint Murchison, partner with Sid Richardson (ref. Jack Porter's association with Richardson and Cullen) in numerous oil ventures

Robert Ray McKeown's (alleged) interaction with Lee Harvey Oswald relating to the purchase of Savage Arms rifles

Robert Ray McKeown's (alleged) interaction with Jack Ruby

If Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald knew one another, that is prima facia evidence that there was a conspiracy. 

From this point, we should consider Lumumba's assassination, Congo tin, Bolivian tin, Joannides' handler Tilton of the CIA in LaPaz at the time of Guevarra's murder, and from there, all assassinations designed to destabilize democracy in Latin America before or since.

Were any and or all of the above mentioned (only a tip of the ice berg) part of a compartmentalized international milieu surrounding the assassination of Kennedy, whether directly involved in the planning and execution, economically or ideologically invested in the outcome, or responsible for the cover-up of the assassination?

Peter Lemkin

Nice line of connected 'dots' Leslie!

Leslie Sharp

Thanks, Peter.

I realize that it suggests a wide, highly compartmentalized cabal . . . which makes a lot of Americans very uncomfortable.

Peter Lemkin

I was impressed when I first saw that, and amazed frankly that he was allowed so much air time. It wouldn't happen today. He would be "interviewed" by Anderson Cooper, who would smirk and call him a conspiracy theorist, and now it's time for this commercial break...
Isn't that the sad truth! If Garrison was active and speaking today he'd be ignored completely and not allowed any rebuttal - less so one of an entire half-hour! The grip of the Unspeakable on the MSM now is all but complete. It was strong when this was broadcast, but still had some flexibility...which is now gone.

Garrison pulled NO punches! I strongly suggest, if you have not, to read Garrison's books on his Sisyphusian efforts to bring to justice some of the small fry involved in the JFK Assassination. Those who thwarted his investigation using a variety of dirty tricks were not small fry.....but that's another story....

TLR

I admire Garrison, but he was a very flawed hero. Sylvia Meagher never thought much of his case against Shaw, and tried to dissuade Harold Weisberg from going to New Orleans to get involved in the investigation. Weisberg did anyway, and later turned against it: "In the course of my investigation I did develop 'new' evidence that also bears on whether or not there had been a conspiracy. I turned some of these leads over to Garrison. They did not involve Clay Shaw, so Garrison was not interested in them...."Garrison had a blackboard. He drew a map of the United States on it and gave a geographical dissertation on the 'seats of the conspiracy.' Up in the Pacific Northwest, he had a mark for the Boeing Co. Then there was Dallas for H.L. Hunt. In New Orleans, there was the Michoud plant [Chrysler Aerospace.] Then there was Marietta, Georgia, for Lockheed." 

Sylvia Meagher wrote that "as the Garrison investigation continued to unfold, it gave cause for increasingly serious misgivings about the validity of his evidence, the credibility of his witnesses, and the scrupulousness of his methods. The fact that many critics of the Warren Report have remained passionate advocates of the Garrison investigation, even condoning tactics which they might not condone on the part of others, is a matter of regret and disappointment."

Peter Lemkin

I admire Garrison, but he was a very flawed hero. Sylvia Meagher never thought much of his case against Shaw, and tried to dissuade Harold Weisberg from going to New Orleans to get involved in the investigation. Weisberg did anyway, and later turned against it: "In the course of my investigation I did develop 'new' evidence that also bears on whether or not there had been a conspiracy. I turned some of these leads over to Garrison. They did not involve Clay Shaw, so Garrison was not interested in them...."Garrison had a blackboard. He drew a map of the United States on it and gave a geographical dissertation on the 'seats of the conspiracy.' Up in the Pacific Northwest, he had a mark for the Boeing Co. Then there was Dallas for H.L. Hunt. In New Orleans, there was the Michoud plant [Chrysler Aerospace.] Then there was Marietta, Georgia, for Lockheed." 

Sylvia Meagher wrote that "as the Garrison investigation continued to unfold, it gave cause for increasingly serious misgivings about the validity of his evidence, the credibility of his witnesses, and the scrupulousness of his methods. The fact that many critics of the Warren Report have remained passionate advocates of the Garrison investigation, even condoning tactics which they might not condone on the part of others, is a matter of regret and disappointment."

Sorry, I don't see him as a flawed hero. Yes, he got somethings wrong and he couldn't see the full picture we have the benefit of another 40 years of research to see now. But, he was spied upon, fed false information, had his investigation thwarted, was denied witnesses by unnatural deaths and be refusals to extradite, was denied subpoenaed documents, lied to by Government Agencies and attacked personally and professionally. I think, considering, he did a great job. The Jury was convinced there was a conspiracy - as there was! He had, IMO, a fairly good view of the big picture - f not all the details that it consisted of; however, he was limited to pursuing those in his jurisdiction, primarily. Shaw was CIA and was, IMO, at least involved in setting up Oswald; the others such as Bannister and his friends maybe were not Big Fish, but certainly knew about the plot beforehand and were also involved in setting up Oswald and others. That he got somethings wrong, given the constraints and gauntlet he was running is not surprising. Perhaps some of the first generation of researchers could have done a better job if they had been D.A.s, but they were not. His 'case' and 'prosecution' may have had some flaws, but I personally find few in the man, Garrison, myself. As the only D.A. in the land to even try, he deserves full credit. Meager was, IMO, unnecessarily critical of him. His focus might not have been full 'on target' as to those primarily involved; but he was certainly looking in the right dark corners...even if there were others he had not yet discovered.....I'm sure he would have had he been allowed to proceed with his investigation without the formal, if secret, blockage and subterfuge by the CIA and others.

David C

My thoughts,

After 50 years, we are coming full circle on the "who sponsored"  and "why question".

Sherry has provided evidence as to where from.

Much rathered have seen a special on Sherrys evidence than another round of "the SS agent shot JFK in the head" BS.

Have not really been looking at more than 5 minutes of anything on TV, same ole same Old.

Wonder what the next generation will believe happened.

"But if these official photos and X-Rays of President Kennedy are not authentic, then you have something of a magnitude beyond common experience that would reflect so devastatingly on our society as a whole and it corruptability, that you don't know how to deal with it" - The Unspeakable

TLR

We're all flawed, Peter. I am, you are, JFK was. Personally, I don't think Garrison ever proved that Shaw was part of a plot to kill JFK. The most we can say is that he may have been one of Oswald's handlers (like De Mohrenschildt and the Paines). Most likely none of them were aware (because of the compartmentalized nature of the operation) what Oswald would eventually be used for.

Leslie Sharp

The messenger is not necessarily the issue, is it?  John Kennedy was a messenger of the ideal of democracy, and yet he and his family were highly flawed.  Garrison too was attempting to share a message, that the Kennedy assassination did not unfold the way that the Warren Commission reported.  He was flawed as a messenger, but that shouldn't (and in fact hasn't) taint the salient points of his message.

If the cover-up was as powerful as some of us now suspect, it is reasonable to surmise that Garrison was shadow boxing during most of his investigation, not unlike Kennedy in the early years of his first term.  The same can be said of Oliver Stone and "JFK."  Do we require our messengers to be perfect, or can we be at peace with them being faithful?