Author Topic: MSM reports as we approach the 50th  (Read 56848 times)

echelon

Re: MSM reports as we approach the 50th
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 04:24:30 AM »

Yes, Alan, I suspect that playback is limited to UK IP addresses.

How do I watch A President Betrayed?  Is it on cable or pay TV?  The link you gave just shows a trailer.

TLR

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 10:01:43 AM »
Echelon, it was only broadcast on one US cable channel, and is being shown in selected US theaters. I think they will be selling a DVD, and I expect someone will upload it to Youtube soon.

echelon

John F. Kennedy – Treason Doth Never Prosper
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
(^ Thanks TLR)

John F. Kennedy – Treason Doth Never Prosper
By Daniel Worku

The Guardian Express
17 November 2013

The assassination is one of the most discussed and hotly debated events of the 20th century. Although there have been numerous “official reports” and statements released stating the “consensus” opinion that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin, the public appears to have resisted accepting that version of events, and maybe for good reason. Like many other landmark controversies throughout this nations history, the official story has been anything but flawless, leaving many a place for the conspiracy researchers to grasp onto as evidence to argue that a more coordinated action occurred. Listening and reading over the copious works expounding on the suggestion that the killing of John F Kennedy in Dealey Plaza was of a coordinated conspiratorial nature, one can certainly conclude that “treason doth never prosper.” This to suggest, that in the instance that some kind of conspiracy was indeed successfully executed, official answers would be the last thing to expect.

You can say that again.

John F Kennedy was also a man who occupied the highest post in the land during a momentous time in history. The cold war (along with fear of nuclear action) was in full swing, US-Russia relations were extremely fragile, Vietnam was claiming priceless lives, the US debt-based economy was in question, and the society-shaking civil rights movement was under way. Kennedy, like many a man in leadership had his hands full with issues known leave battle-scars like gray hairs and a creased brow. The position taken by Kennedy in a number of these matters along with others could certainly have left him with many an interest group, organization, and scorned individual fervently wishing him harm. John F Kennedy took the controversial position of wanting to end the Vietnam War, he took responsibility for the Bay of Pigs fiasco (leaving an entire agency feeling abandoned and possibly embarrassed), he supported his Attorney General brother Bobby in his harsh stance toward the mafia, and he even signed executive order 11110 in accordance with a suggestion of the coinage of silver again. Certainly many a man has died for much less than the combination of these momentous actions. Whether these actions in themselves are grounds to conclude a conspiracy has been answered by the official channels such as the Warren Commission and others over and over, but the case has also been tried in the court of public opinion, and shows a nearly even split decision.

Oh dear.

As preparations for the the 50th anniversary of the assassination are being made, we can expect that the debate over lone gunman vs coordinated conspiracy will likely accompany the event. Born in 1561, [Sir John] Harington, the 16th century studied author and master of art has left some words that might comfort the conspiracy crowd of the John F Kennedy assassination, “Treason doth never prosper: what’s the reason? Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason.” So, even if there was a conspiracy, answers (though they may be inferred) would probably never be found.

Amen, brother.

My dear old gran would have said that the author is running with the hare and hunting with the hounds.

I wonder why ...  ;)

« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:03:11 PM by echelon »

TLR

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 07:40:02 PM »
I love that quote. And it really demonstrates the extent of the conspiracy. If it was just the Mafia or Castro or some Cuban exiles, they would have admitted that to us by now. We wouldn't be getting this pathetic deluge of propaganda from the "Free Press." 

echelon

Just Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 08:56:36 AM »
JFK Assassination: Just Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald?
By Joseph Lazzaro

The International Business Times
18 November 2013

In September 1964, the Warren Commission concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone when he assassinated President John F. Kennedy, the 35th president of the United States and the only Roman Catholic elected to the office.  [...]

Further, the accepted and widely published profile of Oswald in the initial months and years after the assassination was that of a “low-achievement, socially isolated, ill-educated Communist determined to kill someone of significance in the United States.” He was portrayed in the media as “a revolutionary who sought a change in the economic order from capitalism to communism by violent means,” or as a “mentally unstable/crazy person,” or some combination of the above.  [...]

However, the release of documents and research by historians, assassination researchers and other investigators indicates that Oswald was a much different person than the one who was initially portrayed after the assassination of President Kennedy. Further, some of the recent, hard evidence on Oswald - far from confirming a low-achievement individual - reveals that he was a multiskilled individual who had a number of accomplishments. And while other pieces of hard evidence increase historians' clarity about various periods in Oswald’s life, much of it nevertheless begs other questions.

Leading to (cue drum roll):

18 Questions That May Get the Nation Closer To The Truth

www.ibtimes.com/jfk-assassination-just-who-was-lee-harvey-oswald-1474038

Also by this author:

www.ibtimes.com/jfk-assassination-cia-lee-harvey-oswald-questions-remain-1472050

www.ibtimes.com/jfk-assassination-50-years-later-dealey-plaza-it-always-nov-22-1963-1450282

www.ibtimes.com/jfk-assassination-50th-anniversary-4-files-cia-must-make-public-analysis-1440286

echelon

[Did the] CIA and mafia kill JFK? Does a bear ...?
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »
I think we are getting a bit desperate when we have to rely on the Russians to get indignant about assassinations (and I'm not sure about the "mainstream" tag either), but here goes ...

CIA and mafia kill John F. Kennedy?
Author unknown

The Voice of Russia
Published 20 November 2013

The House Select Committee on Assassinations established in 1976 was on the right path to find out who really killed President Kennedy but the CIA pressed to prevent further investigation, states David Talbot, American progressive journalist and writer. In an exclusive interview with "Voice of Russia" the author of bestselling book "Brothers: The Hidden History of the Kennedy Years" revealed who assassinated Kennedy.  [...]

So which theory of the assassination of JFK do you personally support, which do you consider most plausible and why?

I think it has become quite clear by now - fifty years later - that President Kennedy was the victim of high-level plot, conspiracy within his own government. The Kennedy presidency split apart over the issue of the Cold War. And Kennedy, who was very concerned about the possibility of a nuclear war with the Soviet Union, was determined to end the Cold War in
partnership with Premiere Khrushchev.  [...]

Why was the US House of Representatives Select Committee on Assassinations established only in 1976, 13 years after Kennedy's murder? Was it somehow connected with President Ford's activities against the CIA and the FBI and the Church committee investigation on the CIA?

I think there was a process of the truth actually starting to come out in America 10-15 years after the assassination of President Kennedy. And that was a result of a crisis in the US political system because of the Vietnam War, because of the Watergate scandal during President Richard Nixon's administration. And because of this political crisis the system itself began to crack open and the truth started to leak out. President Ford and his administration put together a commission under his vice-president Nelson Rockefeller to begin to look into some of the CIA scandals. That was allegedly a cover-up as well. But then under Senator Frank Church the following year more truth began to come out. And, finally, because there was so much public and political pressure to get to the truth about the CIA scandals and the possible connection of the CIA and organized crime to President Kennedy's assassination, a congressional committee the House Select Committee on Assassinations was established. They delivered their report in 1979 and that was a shocking report. Most people in America, not to mention across the world are not aware of this report. But that report by the Committee of Congress in 1979 overturned the official version of the JFK assassination, the Warren Commission. It said that President Kennedy was killed as a result of a conspiracy.

http://voiceofrussia.com/2013_11_20/CIA-and-mafia-kill-John-F-Kennedy-7549

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:14:03 AM by echelon »

D.K.Garretson

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 10:01:50 PM »
Here's a short film posted today:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/11/21/november_22_1963_documentary_errol_morris_short_film_on_jfk_assassination.html

Yes, the photo evidence lays it out, but obviously 'Tink' is unaware of Fiester's work, or unwilling to get into that discussion in this film.  And to suggest we don't know the 'why'? Is Douglass' work not clear enough? And to suggest JFK's murder was not a "tectonic" shift, on the level with a Pearl Harbor or a 9/11? Is this just ignorance? or purposeful omission?  Or maybe I'm the crazy one ;-)

Ken

echelon

JFK had a large wound at the back of his head
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2013, 04:20:36 AM »

Rest in peace, Mr President.

This is a good day not to watch any news programmes or TV specials, as we all know what they will do to you (again).

However, at least one person is still on your side, 50 years after the event:

JFK had a large wound at the back of his head

Piers Morgan on CNN
Broadcast on 13 November, 2013

Dr Robert Jones was one of the first doctors at Parkland to try to save the President's life.  He discusses what he saw with Piers Morgan.

"We thought he'd probably been shot, chest or the abdomen, and we could revive him and take care of him surgically, but when we reached the emergency room, that was a different story," said Jones, the then Chief Resident at Parkland Hospital. "As soon as I walked into Trauma Room One and saw him – Mrs. [Jacqueline] Kennedy was on the left inside the room – he was on a stretcher, arms were out on arm boards, and I saw a small wound in his neck, but I knew he had a large wound in the back of his head and I saw no evidence of life."

(Emphasis added).

How incredible (and predictable) that Morgan does not react in any way to this bald and on the record statement.  What a magnificent exemplar of an investigative journalist ...

(Thanks to Anthony DeFiore for spotting it).

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/13/dr-ronald-jones-on-seeing-jfk-arrive-at-the-hospital-after-being-shot-i-knew-he-had-a-large-wound-in-the-back-of-his-head-and-i-saw-no-evidence-of-life/

TLR

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 01:39:00 PM »
Morgan probably didn't recognize the significance of the statement; nobody else at CCN likely did either, which is why they let him say it.

echelon

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 06:38:39 AM »
Here's a short film posted today:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/11/21/november_22_1963_documentary_errol_morris_short_film_on_jfk_assassination.html

Yes, the photo evidence lays it out, but obviously 'Tink' is unaware of Fiester's work, or unwilling to get into that discussion in this film.  And to suggest we don't know the 'why'? Is Douglass' work not clear enough? And to suggest JFK's murder was not a "tectonic" shift, on the level with a Pearl Harbor or a 9/11? Is this just ignorance? or purposeful omission?  Or maybe I'm the crazy one ;-)

Ken

(05'55) "The beauty of all this is ... Look, none of this stuff is controlled by the government.  It's pristine, as it were.  It's a great source of evidence."

Yes ... probably.  The difficulty is that the government allowed a private organisation to hide away from public view for 12 years one of the most important pieces of this "pristine" evidence.  Then some frames from it were (ooops) printed "accidentally out of order".  Other pieces of this pristine evidence were (ooops) "lost" in the system, never to be seen again.  Others were (ooops) "accidentally damaged" in very relevant and therefore suspicious areas.

Not conclusive of anything at all, of course, but if you want to be perceived as a reputable researcher you would think that you would mention it.  In the interests of balance, if nothing else.

D.K.Garretson

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 09:05:52 AM »
yep yep....that quote is a perfect example of how these shows mislead

Leslie Sharp

« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »
"Morgan probably didn't recognize the significance of the statement; nobody else at CCN likely did either, which is why they let him say it."

Speaking of which, did anyone catch the phrase buried in Bishop Farrell's invocation:  ". . . from the shock and horror that gripped our nation|and from the years when we as citizens of this city suffered and were implicated by the gun shot by one man that killed a President in whom many of us had set our hopes and dreams for a better America."

I suppose one could give the Bishop the benefit of doubt and not accuse him of obfuscating - one bullet, well maybe two or ?, fired by one person - which one? -  did bring an end to Kennedy's life. But surely he knew the nuances that would be imposed on his words.  The organizers of the commemoration most certainly knew what they were doing by selecting a Dublin-born priest to tug at the heartstrings, but they maintained control in that Farrell came out of one of the most conservative, in fact it has been labeled neocon, religious orders (the Legionaires of Christ) in the Roman Catholic church. 

Kelly

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013, 03:20:00 PM »
So po'ed at NBC, Tom Brokaw, et al concerning their news special last night (Nov. 22, 2013). All through the broadcast all they talked about was Oswald alone doing the shooting, JFK shot from the rear in the back of the head, etc. Is this the way it's going to stand? I'm so discouraged about this. They act as though there's no question that Oswald was the lone shooter and all the other fiction the Warren Commission and their supporters have spewed out all these years. This is so sad.

echelon

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 08:31:48 AM »

Don't let your blood boil, Kelly.

You should have known it would be like this.  The 50th was always going to be stage-managed down to the nth degree.  Now that the anniversary is over, the cameras and lights can move on, and we can get back to a steady, sober analysis of what really happened that dreadful day.

TLR

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
So po'ed at NBC, Tom Brokaw, et al concerning their news special last night (Nov. 22, 2013). All through the broadcast all they talked about was Oswald alone doing the shooting, JFK shot from the rear in the back of the head, etc. Is this the way it's going to stand? I'm so discouraged about this. They act as though there's no question that Oswald was the lone shooter and all the other fiction the Warren Commission and their supporters have spewed out all these years. This is so sad.

This is the way it's been since 1964. How much media coverage did the MLK civil trial get? It should have been front-page news. Fortunately, fewer and fewer people are paying attention to the corporate media anymore.