Poll

Did Lee Harvey Oswald murder Officer JD Tippit?

Yes.
0 (0%)
No.
2 (28.6%)
Probably so.
1 (14.3%)
Probably not.
3 (42.9%)
Don't know.
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Oswald vs. Tippit  (Read 36025 times)

Cutty

Re: Oswald vs. Tippit
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 10:52:55 AM »
^ As close by as the driveway Tippit's car was blocking?!!  ;)

Redfern

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 01:48:35 AM »
^ As close by as the driveway Tippit's car was blocking?!!  ;)

There are four different accounts.

1. The official DPD/Warren line of a lone killer wearing a light-coloured jacket running westwards along 10th and then south on Patton, unloading shells.

2. Frank Wright - he mentioned a man driving off in a 1950-51 grey Plymouth and said that he and a woman from close to 410 East 10th were first on the scene. No mention of Markham.

3. Acquila Clemons - two men, one 'short and chunky' (the murderer) and one tall and slim who ran off in different directions.

4. The Doris Holans story of a 'man in the driveway' (we aren't told if he was dressed in police uniform) who (presumably) got out of a police car and was first on the scene.

I don't see how these stories can be reconciled - maybe individual parts can be, but not the entire accounts.

Supporting Frank Wright's version of events is that his claim of making a phone call is that '501 East 10th' was broadcast as the scene of the crime on DPD radio. Against this is that the timing of the murder seems to be later than that put by other witnesses. He appeared adamant that hisaccount was the truth.

I am not too sure about the Clemons version - the 'chunky' phrase seems to have been introduced by Mark Lane.

TLR

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 01:17:25 PM »
An interview with Joseph McBride about his new book, Into the Nightmare.

"Edgar Lee Tippit, [policeman J. D. Tippit’s father] who was 90 years old and sharp as a tack and to whom no one had ever spoken before on the record, told me that Marie Tippit was visited by a policeman after the assassination to tell her what happened. He and J.D. had been told to hunt Oswald and Tippit had gotten there and been shot. The other policeman had apparently been in an auto accident. This was all new information. Although people had speculated – even as early as December 1963 – that Tippit had been sent out to find Oswald and shoot him, or capture him – but this is fresh confirmation from an inside source. Edgar Lee didn’t know the name of the other policeman so I tried to explore that. I come out with some names of some policemen who were not where they were supposed to be and may be candidates."

http://www.examiner.com/article/an-interview-with-joseph-mcbride-on-his-new-jfk-book-into-the-nightmare-part-1
http://www.examiner.com/article/an-interview-with-joseph-mcbride-on-his-new-jfk-book-into-the-nightmare-part-2

Tim Weaver

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 11:25:28 AM »
Any police involved in an auto accident that day?

Kelly

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
TLR, this is excellent. I think I am getting set in my ways. I have heard the same old tune from lone assassin advocates so long, I guess it`s rubbed off on me. Perhaps there is new information out there that is revelant and I don`t know why I have failed to see it. I appreciate all the researchers who go out there and talk to people and look at the old evidence. They are very appreciated.

Redfern

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 06:24:01 PM »
Any police involved in an auto accident that day?

I haven't heard of any official report about an accident involving a police vehicle.

Tippit was shot dead in the sector monitored by Patrolman Mentzel. Mentzel was the only patrol officer after 12.45 to be taking a break.

He later claimed to be in a restaurant/café on West Jefferson 2 blocks  from the Texas Theater.

Shortly after he came back into service at 1.o7, there was a report of a traffic accident at 817 West Davis. However, another officer dealt with it.

Immediately on hearing of Tippit's death, Mentzel was the first officer to be contacted by the Dispatcher. This call was not responded to - one of 3 calls to patrol officers in Oak Cliff that went unanswered.

(This has to be seen in the context of Tippit missing calls once every 15 or 18 months.)

Tippit missed a call at 1.03 and Parker too missed one earlier. Moreover, less than a minute before the 12.45 instruction to Tippit to move into the central Oak Cliff area ostensibly because it was being depleted of resources, Parker said he was on East Jefferson!

The roles of Mentzel, Parker and off-duty Reserve Sergeant Croy (the first officer on the scene of the Tippit murder) raise suspicions.

TLR

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 06:55:07 PM »
Thanks, Redfern.
I've ordered McBride's book. It looks like about 40% of the book is on the Tippit murder, and he did many years of research on it. 

Mitch C.

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »
McBride firmly believes that the Z-film was altered and that the limo came to a full stop. The former and latter are pretty well disproven by other photo's and films that are consistent with the Z-Film. One should not throw the baby out with the bathwater, so his work on Tippet can still be credible of course.

Kelly

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »
I agree Mitch. What do I really know for sure? Nothing, but to try to figure things out for myself, not to argue with anyone, but to figure the most likely scenario that fits with the information I have just for my personal knowledge. A big problem occurs whn all the information hasn`t come out. Some of the researchers of today have diligently followed leads and even interviewed witnesses. My respect goes to them. Sometimes, these researchers adopt the opinion that the Zapruder film has been faked or altered. I believe it is intact and I don't understand it, but if if the same researcher has other pertinent information I`m going to have a look at it. I was going to order the book Into the Nightmare, but I think our library is going to purchase it. I will wait, but I look forward to reading it. I can' t wait to see what he has to offer concerning the Tippit murder.