General Category > The Tippit Murder

Oswald vs. Tippit

(1/5) > >>

Alan Dale:
Basic question. Few certainties.

piopat:
well I think the only way I could vote was to say I don't know . there is evidence pointing towards Oswald and even witnesses but as with the assassination I think there are many problems with the evidence .

1/ did Oswald have time to get to 10th and patton ?

most people will say he had plenty of time as the shooting took place at 1.16 , but that's when the call was supposedly made on officer tippits radio not when the shooting occurred . even LNs such as bill brown acknowledge that the shooting could have occured at 1.13 or  tad earlier . the warren commissions own time trials in which they timed the bus and cab ride barely allow Oswald to get home by 1pm , it appears the did their best to get the best times to suit their case much as they did with the tsbd time trials .

according to oswalds landlady he arrived home at 1pm or a little after , Oswald according to interrogation notes changed his clothing his slacks and shirt and placed them in a drawer where an inventory shows such clothes were indeed found . oswalds landlady said he stayed 3 or 4 minutes in his room and then left , a moment or so later mrs Roberts goes to the window and sees Oswald still standing out side , if mrs Roberts was correct Oswald would have still been outside at the bus stop around 1.05 if not later she did not observer him leaving . that at best leaves him 8 minutes to reach 10th and patton . gary mack in a video available on youtube managed 2 different times , one was a tad over 16 minutes the other a tad over 11 minutes which would both have Oswald arriving to late . of course mack being mack he started the the time trial at 1pm and never allowed for Oswald changing his clothes are mrs Roberts saying he was in his room 3 or 4 minutes or that she  looked out a time after he had left and that he was still standing there .theres no way to work out the time 100% accurate but if the warren commission struggled to just  get Oswald to his rooming house by 1pm and that was done by taking the times that best suited them  then I feel Oswald didn't arrive before 1pm he arrived at 1pm or some time shortly after that .

piopat:
2/ the majority of the witnesses but not all place the shooting some time between  a little after 1pm and 1.10pm including star witness Helen markham who placed the time of the shooting at around 1.07 .witnesses on patton street placed the time at a little after 1pm and t f bowley said he arrived at 1.10 and officer tippit was shot . cab driver scoggins placed the time as about 1.20 and one of the davis girls said it was 1.30 , im more inclined to go with a majority of witnesses as opposed to one or two. its simple here if Oswald didn't have the time to walk or run that only leaves two options which are he was picked up and driven there (and that's would never be an option as that could mean conspiracy ) or he was never there .

3/ the line ups probably violated every police rule and regulation their is , even cab driver whalley said anyone would have picked Oswald.

I suppose one could compile a lengthy list but ill stop here , but I feel Oswald could have been there at 10th and patton I just don't see how he walked or ran there he just didn't have time in my opinion for what that's worth .we also need to consider Helen markhams 2 descriptions , she told agent odum the guy was young about 18 with black hair and she told lane he was a little short and a little chunky and his hair was a little bushy .I think its fair to say that Oswald did not look 18 (nor did he have black hair ) far from it , even at the age of 23 he probably looked as tho he was about 30 . also he certainly couldn't be described as a little chunky as he was quite slight and at 5 feet 10 I wouldn't say he was short either . another lady acquila clemmons said she saw two men one of which matched markhams short and chunky description the othe rbeing slight and would match oswalds appearance , and markham and calloway gave differing descriptions of the mans clothing and a different account of the mans escape route and this evidence seems to indicate that two men where there and ran off in different directions . one of the davis girls (I believe the youngest ) said the man wore a black coat , frank wright also said the man wore a black coat , the coat found was a very light color . so many contradictions and so many questions and sadly not enough answers .

Alan Dale:
^ Good posts. Focusing on the chronology makes sense to me. Discrepancies between and among witnesses is most common during criminal investigations. The issues of which you speak are some of the best for us to consider when asking, based upon what we believe we know, would LHO have been convicted of the murder of patrolman JD Tippit. I am increasingly convinced that he would not have been convicted based upon a preponderance of the evidence resolving reasonable doubt. 

Thanks for participating.

TLR:
Gary Murr's 1971 unpublished 80-page monograph "The Murder of Dallas Police Officer J.D. Tippit" - there's a "Download" button where you can save it as PDF file.

http://digitalcollections.baylor.edu/cdm/ref/collection/po-arm/id/11869

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version