Author Topic: Haunting  (Read 8726 times)

Alan Dale

• Administrator
Haunting
« on: July 11, 2013, 02:04:23 AM »

Photo by Arthur Rickerby.

The photo is part of an archival photography exhibition about JFK that was displayed in Little Rock, Arkansas in March of this year.
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will determine our destiny.

RFK

David C

Re: Haunting
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »
I believe he knows that the storm is there, waiting for him, and he is  ready.
"But if these official photos and X-Rays of President Kennedy are not authentic, then you have something of a magnitude beyond common experience that would reflect so devastatingly on our society as a whole and it corruptability, that you don't know how to deal with it" - The Unspeakable

Kelly

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 01:38:05 PM »
His expression is very sad. In addition to that, although I have never believed that Lyndon Johnson had anything to do with the assassination, the look on his face is kind of weird, IMO.

TLR

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 07:06:28 PM »
Kennedy usually had a bit of sadness in his expression. I've always been more freaked out that they gave Jackie red roses while the other ladies received yellow roses.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:19:02 PM by TLR »

David C

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 07:11:10 PM »
While I was in Kentucky over  the holiday, we noted that the "Traveling Wall" was to be displayed in Harrodsburg, KY.

Went over to view and as I was walking the "Wall" I noticed that I was standing at the time period in the 1963 era.

Just think, all of those names to the right of that point most likely died as a result of what happened at Dealy Plaza.

Very sobering to look down that wall and see so many names.

"JFK and the Unspeakable, Why He Died and Why It Still Matters" truer words were never spoken.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:19:42 PM by Daviddave »
"But if these official photos and X-Rays of President Kennedy are not authentic, then you have something of a magnitude beyond common experience that would reflect so devastatingly on our society as a whole and it corruptability, that you don't know how to deal with it" - The Unspeakable

TLR

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 08:03:33 PM »
This photo, from the 1960 campaign, is one of my favorites for showing the difference in temperament between LBJ and JFK.