Author Topic: MSM reports as we approach the 50th  (Read 57046 times)

TLR

Re: MSM reports as we approach the 50th
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 07:34:04 AM »
From a 1967 letter by researcher Shirley Martin after she spoke to Aynesworth:

"Aynesworth was extremely bitter that Merriman Smith had won the Pulitzer for his coverage of the assassination. Aynesworth sarcastically remarked that Smith "did nothing and saw less" on the day in question, whereas he, Aynisworth was "...the only reporter in America to make all four big scenes."
In addition, Aynesworth boasted that a Commission attorney had already confided to him (in July) what the Commission verdict was to be (in September). Oswald would be named, but according to Aynesworth it was in reality "...a communist plot. Warren will do a cover-up for Moscow."
Aynesworth insisted that Marina had had an affair with him after the assassination, and that during this period she had revealed to him that she and Ruth Paine had shared a Lesbian relationship prior to November 22, 1963. Aynesworth also declared that he had been on 10th Street "looking down on the Tippit murder scene at 1:05pm, not later than 1:10..." on November 22nd. Needless to say, the "only reporter in America" to be in on all four "big scenes" was NOT called to testify before the Warren Commission, which did, however, call Thayer Waldo, Fort Worth reporter, because he had been in the police basement when Ruby shot Oswald. Finally, I have the statement by an employee of the Dallas Morning News that Aynesworth was deliberately and ILLEGALLY given the allegedly stolen Oswald diary story by a Commission attorney who was in Dallas on business at that time. Earl Warren later put the FBI on the trail of this illegal "leak", but as was to be expected no discoveries were made. This, then, is the man chosen by Newsweek to rebut you. What a pity Newsweek's taste is so concentrated in its tail.

TLR

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 07:34:57 AM »
Yay! Looks like we've got the paste feature fixed.  :)

echelon

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 09:30:41 AM »
Yay! Looks like we've got the paste feature fixed.  :)

Umm.

Well, I can copy and paste from a Word document if that is what you mean.  I've had to do that as a precautionary measure for months given that the system still cuts text from some posts.

However, in my earlier post on this thread I had to manually replace all the original apostrophes and double apostrophes.  If I did not the system cut the text at those points.  So in that sense the problem is not resolved.

Alan Dale

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 10:11:01 AM »
I'm very grateful for the persistence required.

I appreciate the participation of all.
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will determine our destiny.

RFK

TLR

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 10:41:12 AM »
Actually, see my post on the Essential List for more about the problem.

echelon

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 05:16:35 AM »
The reclusive widow of Lee Harvey Oswald
By Lizzie Parry and Damien Gayle

The Daily Mail
Saturday, 2 November 2013

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2485077/Pictured-time-25-years-The-reclusive-widow-Lee-Harvey-Oswald-lives-fear-killed-Secret-Service-turned-3m-talk-JFK-assassination-ahead-50-year-anniversary.html

She could be just another pensioner out for her weekly shop. But the guarded and fearful look in this woman's eyes tells a different story. Fifty years ago, her life changed forever when gunshots rang out across Dallas's Dealey Plaza and John F Kennedy died before a crowd of thousands.

She is the widow of Lee Harvey Oswald, the former marine who was blamed for the assassination of the U.S.'s most loved president of the modern era. Astonishingly, these are the first images of reclusive Marina Oswald in 25 years.

[...]

Immediately after the assassination the then mother-of-two told the Warren Commission investigating the assassination that she thought her 24-year-old husband was guilty. But after reading some of the 40,000 books and conspiracy theories about the shooting, she - like the majority of U.S. citizens - has changed her mind.

She now believes that the truth of Kennedy's murder has been hidden by a cover up at the highest levels of the U.S. state. Close friend and documentary film maker Keya Morgan, said Mrs Porter now believes her first husband was set up to take the fall for conspirators in the CIA and Mafia. The grandmother is said to be convinced her phones are still tapped by the Secret Service and lives in fear of being targeted and killed by spooks herself.

[...]

Oswald met Marina Prusakova while living in Minsk in 1961. The former U.S. Marine had defected to the Soviet Union two years earlier, but soon began to have second thoughts about his decision. Six weeks after meeting Marina, then a 19-year-old pharmacology student, they were married. The next year Oswald took his new wife and their four-month-old daughter back to America. The couple settled in Dallas but struggled to find a place for their young family and Oswald was living apart from Marina and their two young daughters when President Kennedy was shot dead on November 22, 1963. The night before the assassination she remembers him bringing his rifle to her home and putting it in the garage. The next day, she noticed it was gone.

Does anybody remember hearing this before?  That Oswald brought his rifle to the Paine house on the Thursday evening?  Or is this just the Daily Mail ... err ... misspeaking?

TLR

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 08:38:47 PM »
I've never heard that before. It is the Daily Fail, after all. Either the writer got careless, or he mixed up the story about the paper bag.

echelon

Some JFK assassination files still sealed
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 04:17:38 AM »
5 decades later, some JFK assassination files still sealed
By Associated Press

The Washington Post
November 3, 2013

Five decades after President John F. Kennedy was fatally shot and long after official inquiries ended, thousands of pages of investigative documents remain withheld from public view. The contents of these files are partially known - and intriguing - and conspiracy buffs are not the only ones seeking to open them for a closer look. Some serious researchers believe the off-limits files could shed valuable new light on nagging mysteries of the assassination - including what U.S. intelligence agencies knew about accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald before Nov. 22, 1963.

It turns out that several hundred of the still-classified pages concern a deceased CIA agent, George Joannides, whose activities just before the assassination and, fascinatingly, during a government investigation years later, have tantalized researchers for years. “This is not about conspiracy, this is about transparency,” said Jefferson Morley, a former Washington Post reporter and author embroiled in a decade-long lawsuit against the CIA, seeking release of the closed documents. “I think the CIA should obey the law. I don’t think most people think that’s a crazy idea.”

[...]

[P]lenty was learned about Oswald after the shooting in Dallas. And, it’s now clear, he was not unknown to the U.S. government before that. Assassination investigators learned that Oswald had formed a group in New Orleans in the summer of 1963 that ostensibly supported Cuban leader Fidel Castro (Oswald was the only local member) and had been involved in a street altercation with anti-Castro demonstrators that was captured by a local television station.

Pamphlets Oswald had in his possession bore an address of a local anti-Castro operation connected to a former FBI agent with ties to organized crime, investigators discovered. That and other information has led researchers to believe that Oswald may have been part of a counterintelligence operation to discredit the group he had joined, the Fair Play For Cuba Committee, and that the street scene was a setup.

If so, who would have overseen such an operation?

Declassified documents show that Joannides, while based in Miami, was the CIA case officer for the anti-Castro Student Revolutionary Directorate (DRE), the group involved in the street fracas with Oswald.

Wow!  This seems quite open, truthful and neutral from the Washington Post.  What is going on?  Am I missing something?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/5-decades-later-some-jfk-assassination-files-still-sealed-researchers-demand-transparency/2013/11/03/768eb13e-4496-11e3-95a9-3f15b5618ba8_story.html

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:24:31 AM by Alan Dale »

echelon

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 04:22:31 AM »
I've never heard that before. It is the Daily Fail, after all. Either the writer got careless, or he mixed up the story about the paper bag.

Or ... something more sinister?

It's so easy to get paranoid about these things.  But it is concerning that so many newspaper reports drift off into myth and speculation, but always at the expense of Oswald.

If they were truly genuine mistakes, you would expect a more random set of errors.

TLR

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »
The mainstream media is almost as bad as Fox when it comes to just making stuff up, so it's hard to tell.

The AP/Post story is surprising, but they have a history of occasionally writing a good story (usually buried in the back of the paper).

echelon

50 years on and no end to questions. Who said that?
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 05:24:05 AM »
50 years on, no end to questions on JFK death
AFP

The Times of India
2 November 2013

A syndicated story which tells us nothing new.  But at least it gets to appear in several newspapers worldwide, including The Times of India, The China Post, The Taipei Times, etc. ...

For Jesse Ventura, the professional wrestler turned independent politician, John F Kennedy was the greatest president in modern US history - and the proof lies in his 1963 assassination.

"They wouldn't even let him do one term. That's what showed his greatness," said Ventura, the former governor of Minnesota and author of the new book, "They Killed Our President."

Ventura believes that Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas probably because he sought to make peace with the Soviet Union and challenge the military-industrial complex following the CIA's botched Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-11-02/us/43610867_1_jesse-ventura-assassination-warren-commission

echelon

JFK and me: pictures of the president
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 04:47:44 AM »
JFK and me: pictures of the president
Interviews by Corinne Jones, Kathy Sweeney, Killian Fox and Ursula Kenny

The Observer
Sunday, 10 November 2013

John F Kennedy's untimely death has meant that the president remained for many a symbol of youth and promise, frozen in time in a series of iconic photographs. To mark the 50th anniversary of his assassination we ask those whose paths crossed his to choose the photograph of him that means most to them – and to tell us why.

www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/10/john-f-kennedy-jfk-50-years-photographs

echelon

Calls to exhume JFK
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 05:01:44 AM »
Calls to exhume John F Kennedy and finally solve JFK murder riddle
By James Murray

The Sunday Express
November 17 2013

THE body of US president John F Kennedy should be exhumed for analysis by forensic experts to see if he was the victim of a military-style ambush by several assassins, a British author said last night.

[...]

As the world remembers the 50th anniversary of the assassination this Friday, [Matthew Smith] says the macabre demand could finally resolve the greatest mystery of the past century.

[...]

Mr Smith believes Oswald was a CIA spy, who was also doing shady work for the FBI. He believes the shot to his back did come from the sixth floor of the depository or another nearby building, but Oswald was not the shooter. He also claims two other rifle shots came from two different positions on the grassy knoll to the front and right of the presidential Lincoln, the first bullet hit him in the throat. The fatal shot, he says, came from another assassin on the knoll and entered his right temple before exploding out of the rear of his head.

www.express.co.uk/news/world/443466/EXCLUSIVE-Calls-to-exhume-John-F-Kennedy-and-finally-solve-JFK-murder-riddle

echelon

Kennedy's Nuclear Nightmare
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 05:12:24 AM »
Kennedy's Nuclear Nightmare

Channel 4 (UK television)
First broadcast Saturday, November 16, 2013

The story of the Cuban Missile Crisis, told in the words of key witnesses from the US, the former USSR and Cuba.

Actually, very fair and objective and it showed tantalising glimpses of the internal conflicts on the American side between JFK and the hawks in his government.

I don't know if you can see this outside the UK, but a playback option is here:

www.channel4.com/programmes/kennedys-nuclear-nightmare/4od#3608741

Alan Dale

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »
^ Thank you for sharing the link, ech...

Unfortunately, it looks like the video program may not be viewed in my area (which may mean my entire country).  I do appreciate the effort.

Have you seen JFK: A President Betrayed?

http://apresidentbetrayed.stta.us/
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will determine our destiny.

RFK