Author Topic: CNN's "JFK/ASSASSINATION" documentary. Same ole, same ole....falsehoods.  (Read 13804 times)

Mitch C.

On the positive side: fascinating local Dallas TV footage, much of which I had never seen. As the special unfolds, one is tempted to think this will be a somewhat "fair and balanced" look at LN vs conspiracy, pro and con. Interesting interview footage of Warren Commision critic Mark Lane is included; but soon it becomes evident this is basically a video version of Vincent Bugliosi's book, regurgitating the tired myths of the Commission with an even more tired looking Bugliosi often spouting falsehoods like fact.

Showing the Z slide just prior to Kennedy's head exploding; Bugliosi pronounces that the fact JFK's head moved forward first before the head burst and "back and to the right" proves the shot came from behind. Mr B. may be an accomplished attorney and D.A., but he obviously does not understand modern forensics. "Enemy.." states just the opposite, the head moving slightly into the shot at first is to be expected.

Fellow truth sojourners, I must admit I am discouraged. This special was an excellently produced and narrated propaganda piece for a lie; and those who pronounce the truth, treated like psychologically challenged. Yes, the last ten minutes pulled out the old therapist "they just can't accept that a lone loser could slay such a great man..." script.

Sigh...

Alan Dale

• Administrator
Re: CNN's "JFK/ASSASSINATION" documentary. Same ole, same ole....falsehoods.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 11:50:16 PM »
^ I hear ya, Mitch...

It is distressing. We may have reason to keep our eyes on the case and the measurable progress "they" disregard. Jeff Morley believes we may have History on our side if the new facts continue to emerge and will, inevitably, replace the post-assassination era of resistance and denial. Old paradigms die when old believers die, and we need not agonize over how futile it may be to get some people to reevaluate what they think they know.
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will determine our destiny.

RFK

TLR

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 08:43:34 AM »
I'm just not watching any of this stuff. I have to think about my blood pressure.

I can tell you from talking to people at work over the years that whenever the media aggressively pushes some story on the public - no matter what it is - it only makes a lot of people more skeptical. "Why do they want us to believe this so  badly?"

I used to work with several Russians and Ukrainians who told me about living in the USSR. They became very skilled at watching state-controlled news, learning to read between the lines. They could actually get a fairly good picture of what was going on by interpreting how the official story was presented to them. "Nothing on Afghanistan in Pravda today. Must be nothing good to report. Sergei's son just came back from there and said it was a mess."

Mitch C.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »
As the cavalcade of cable documentaries on JFK's assassination air; in light of the forensic evidence as presented in "Enemy.." I am struck by by a number of observations. Even as the Z-Film runs over and over again; and the narrator (usually) describes the kill shot as "from behind"...as I watch, knowing the truth; it's so strange to see a shot that is obviously NOT from the back (and NOT from the north). It's the feeling I might have if, on a Nature special; the polished voice of (the late) Richard Kieley describes the mating habits of the Bengal; however I am seeing a herd of elephants on the screen. It doesn't compute. Especially now that I know beyond a reasonable doubt which direction the shot is coming from: the blood spray; the slight movement forward (into the shot slightly as is expected), and the totally logical lurch back 'and to the right', since the bullet hit front left from the south knoll; I am reminded of Cutty's perfect analogy of how a billiard ball reacts when the cue ball hits it sharply front left; the ball spins "back-right".

I also observe that any mention of conspiracy in these doc's, sometimes with a feigned tone of journalistic balance, usually with poorly disguised derision; mention a shot from the Grassy Knoll.

But nothing beyond a YouTube project; no major documentary that might air on a cable channel has ever incorporated Sherry's forensic work. This is the way the truth, the facts will go to a larger audience. It's time...

David C

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
I watched this last night,

Why would the producers want to give Vincent Bugliosi so much air time given the BS he is spewing out of his mouth.

I mean, there's not one piece of evidence that is not disputed in this assassination and its like he is the one great truth shining above all the rest.

Its like all the work researchers had labored to uncover over the last 50 years, didnt exist.

Then they show a clip where Lane states that he would have voted "not quilty" on the Clay Bertram trial, not mentioning of course that he took the CIA to task and won at Liberty Press, and his last book "The Last Word" is one big finger pointing at the CIA, including a letter to the President saying so.

Given the 50th year anniversary, I would at least expect a more balanced discussion.

"But if these official photos and X-Rays of President Kennedy are not authentic, then you have something of a magnitude beyond common experience that would reflect so devastatingly on our society as a whole and it corruptability, that you don't know how to deal with it" - The Unspeakable

TLR

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »
Bill Hicks did the most brilliant parody of all the "government experts proved the head shot came from the rear" BS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfd0_7BcU-0

echelon

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 12:50:37 PM »

LOL!

Wasn't it Bill Hicks who said that they'd built a very realistic model of the sniper's nest up on The Sixth Floor?

He knew it was realistic because Oswald wasn't in it!