Author Topic: Deblurred Zapruder film  (Read 14085 times)

TLR

Deblurred Zapruder film
« on: November 01, 2013, 04:50:43 PM »
http://thedavisreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/from-sign-to-flowers.gif

Watching this, I'm beginning to think that Connally may not have been hit until around frame 292. In filmed interviews, he talked about turning around to his right after hearing the first shot, then being hit after he started to turn back around to his left. Watch carefully when all of that happens.

At one point he is turned almost 180 degrees, looking back at JFK. Could he do all that turning with a smashed rib and punctured lung, which he supposedly received many frames earlier?

I think he is hit just as he begins to turn back toward Zapruder. And where is his back exposed to at that point? The TSBD? The North Knoll? No, the South Knoll/underpass area.

Then, as he is facing toward Zapruder and beginning to collapse into Nellie's lap, he is in position for a second shot from the the TSBD/Dal Tex area to hit him in the wrist and thigh.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 04:56:10 PM by TLR »

TLR

Re: Deblurred Zapruder film
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 08:44:32 PM »
Does anyone know the downward angle from the Underpass/South Knoll to the occupants of the car shortly before the head shot? The downward angle of Connally's wounds from back to front was 25 degrees.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:16:19 AM by TLR »

Cutty

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »
Yellowbirch1 and I discussed this matter much over the last few years as we concurred that we both were zeroing in on the same approximate frame for the bullet strike to Gov. Connally's armpit which was Z289 - Z290. This could explain the startle reactions that Bob Harris had so adamantly insisted occurred as a result of a shot that went 15 feet over the limo @ Z285, causing the wound to James Tague. The time span between Z289 & Z292 is only 1/6 of a second so I say that we are at least "in the same ballpark"

The problem with Bob's theory, as I suggested to him, was that a shot passing 15 feet over the limo (a fact necessary for Bob's proposed trajectory to hit the curb near Tague) would not cause the occupants to react to a sonic blast because they would have to be within a 10 ft. radius of a passing bullet to experience this. Obviously, the startle reactions, if we can verify them, are more likely to indicate a bullet that entered the limo.

I must go back to the stabilized Z version that shows the frames at the same time before I comment further but I'm thinking that you must remember the position of the limo in relation to the South Knoll area which was facing that area straight ahead. IMO, as Connally is turned 180 and looking at the president, I agree that he is not hit yet but gets hit as he turns back. Understanding the "new" perspective we have to understand that the head shot came from the FRONT and over the windshield. All that said, I can't picture a trajectory from the South Knoll causing the "armpit throught the chest wound" but I'll bite, TLR, I'll take a look.

I believe to accurately determine the angle of trajectory through the governor's body you would have to be certain of the shooter's location and Connally's exact position in relation to the shooter at the time. Considering the possibility that he was only hit by one shot, I believe the angle would have to be steeper, but again, posture at the moment has to be a factor and through the body, obviously, the course can change.

Here is an old article that makes some interesting points but is outdated due to the latest forensic revelations in "Enemy Of The Truth." A multiple shot scenerio in which the governor is hit by the last 2 shots? I'm not an advocate for this author's theory but you never know, there could be a little truth in there somewhere I always say. ;)

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09../fp.back_issues/18th_Issue/connally.html

TLR

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 09:20:22 AM »
I mistyped that; it should have been 25 degrees for the angle of the back-to-chest wound (according to the WC).

If Connally wasn't hit until he is turning back around, then the shooter could not have been in the buildings on Houston & Elm, or on the North Knoll.

I'm guessing that the underpass/knoll area is roughly the same elevation as the third or fourth floor of the Dal Tex building. 

Cutty

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 11:07:13 AM »
^ Well, again, the angle through the body in relation to a stiff upright posture is different than its alignment with outside points, which would take into consideration the grade and elevation of the buildings. Any variation to the posturing would certainly have to be considered also.

The elevation at ground level on Houston street is higher than down near the underpass and it is not too steep a walk right up the south knoll to the overpass/parking lot area. I fairly accurately calculated the hieght of the Daltex windows from the sidewalk for someone ::) to use in a trajectory analysis once and I believe he didn't bother to use the 25 some odd feet to the third floor window sill because it probably debunked his previous calculations. Of course, the 6th floor window and roof of the TSBD are even much higher. The fact that the south knoll area is as low as it is in comparison to Houston St. gives rise to the possibility that a "through the winshield shot" could have happened once the limo completed the hairpin turn onto Elm, facing the south knoll staight ahead. Once the limo traveled down grade enough, a shot could make it over the windshield.

After thinking more on this since my previous post I also have to surmize that it is impossible for a shot from the south knoll to have taken the "right to left path" from the governor's armpit (you can see the blood on his jacket as he rolls over onto Nellie) to under the nipple, regardless of the verticle angle.

TLR

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 12:00:03 PM »

After thinking more on this since my previous post I also have to surmize that it is impossible for a shot from the south knoll to have taken the "right to left path" from the governor's armpit (you can see the blood on his jacket as he rolls over onto Nellie) to under the nipple, regardless of the verticle angle.

Except that bullets, once they have struck bone, can be diverted in all kinds of unpredictable ways.