Author Topic: Enemy of the Truth: Chapter 5. Ballistics Prove One Shooter  (Read 12062 times)

Alan Dale

• Administrator
Warren Commission Ballistic Analysis and the Mannlicher-Carcano found on the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository.
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will determine our destiny.

RFK

D.K.Garretson

Re: Enemy of the Truth: Chapter 5. Ballistics Prove One Shooter
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »
OK, so I have trouble at times following Fiester's conclusions. 

So is this chapter saying that the ballistics DO show that CE399 and the other CE's that are recovered bullet fragments were fired from the recovered Mannlicher-Carcano?  If so, does this speak to the evidence that showed the recovered weapon was in poor working order, and the scope ineffective? Somehow someone was able to fire at least two shots that left fragments in the limo and/or Kennedy and Connelly.  (Even if we allow for CE399 to simply be a plant).

I realize Fiester is being very conservative about her conclusions. Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Ken

Cutty

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 12:27:58 AM »
Hi D.K. and welcome to the forum!

The chapter titles are not to be interpreted as statements of fact but rather the myths that are being debunked. Ballistics actually prove, by the latest forensic science now available, that there was one and only one head shot and it came from directly in front (south knoll).

That fact, combined with the knowledge that the governor was hit from behind proves at least 2 shooters and thereby, conspiracy. I don't think I would characterize Sherry's presentation of the facts as conservative. Her findings are very thorough and straight forward, based on and supported by decades of lab trials. 

D.K.Garretson

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:46:45 AM »
Thanks Karl.

Yes, I understand the chapter titles.

My point is that in this chapter, the evidence for the bullet fragments is presented, which she does not refute.

By "conservative", I mean that she is not going to address or comment upon evidence not directly in her purview, so maybe the inclusion of that evidence is not meant to be an endorsement of that evidence.

And yes, I realize her point is that what we can definitively know is one shot to the head from the front. 

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it.   

Cutty

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:31:11 PM »
The crux of the W.C. position on the fragments, that CABL (composition analysis of bullet lead) proves one shooter based on results tying the fragments together and to the Manlicher Carcano, is debunked in this chapter.

Here is the final paragraph of the chapter's conclusion:

(P.163) CABL can neither confirm nor refute the single bullet theory. In fact, in 2005 the FBI denounced comparative bullet led analysis. Therefore, scientific testing of ballistic evidence in the Kennedy assassination does not support the Warren Commission in their conclusion that Oswald was the only shooter in Dealey Plaza.

That said, I believe we have progressed to the point where I can't get past the quote below that I used in my reply to you in the other thread.

^ I believe that at this point we have one proven headshot from the front (the north knoll was to the side) and all other shots are still left to speculation.

I know Sherry is very busy this week with the conference in Dallas and will inevitably weigh in but, until then, the search function can be used to find some replies she has made as well as other discussions we may have had on related subjects.

D.K.Garretson

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 01:09:44 PM »
Got it! Thanks for that, makes sense