Author Topic: Jim DiEugenio: JFK’s Embrace of Third World Nationalists  (Read 7553 times)

Alan Dale

• Administrator
Jim DiEugenio: JFK’s Embrace of Third World Nationalists
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:45:58 PM »
http://consortiumnews.com/2013/11/25/jfks-embrace-of-third-world-nationalists/

An adaptation of Jim's superb presentations at Pittsburgh and Dallas.

Must read.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:01:36 PM by Alan Dale »
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will determine our destiny.

RFK

echelon

Re: Jim DiEugenio: JFK’s Embrace of Third World Nationalists
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 04:43:22 AM »

Not sure what's wrong with that link but it produces a 404 condition (not found).

This one appears to work:

http://consortiumnews.com/2013/11/25/jfks-embrace-of-third-world-nationalists/

Alan Dale

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 12:02:56 PM »
^ Thank you, ech.

I corrected using your link.
Our future may lie beyond our vision, but it is not completely beyond our control. It is the shaping impulse of America that neither fate nor nature nor the irresistible tides of history, but the work of our own hands, matched to reason and principle, that will determine our destiny.

RFK

Phil Dragoo

• Global Moderator
Jim DiEugenio: Two Key Points and the Value of John Newman
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 04:27:18 AM »
I really enjoyed this essay; Jim DiEugenio blazes with informed passion. 

Just finished Reclaiming Parkland and highly recommend it as the best deconstruction of Bugliosi, puts him back in the Mr Potato Head box

Jim DiEugenio cites two large errors in the JFK narrative, conscious and evil lies:

One, Oswald didn't kill Kennedy; saying he did is unsupportable;

Two, LBJ did NOT continue JFK's Vietnam policy, though the liar pushed the lie hard

Finally, in the last pages Jim DiEugenio says:

". . .one real historian, like John Newman, is worth a hundred Bugliosis. . ."

". . .one historian like John Newman empowers us all.  Because he liberates us from the myths of the past, which help us deal with the present and future."

"This is the kind of truth we need today.  It's the kind of cinema we need today.  And it's the kind of televeision we need today.  One good film based on either of Newman's books is, for me, worth the entire output of Playtone."

Leslie Sharp

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »

" . . . but now I know That twenty centuries of stony sleep were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"  WB Yeats, "The Second Coming"

I think we’re slouching toward revelation of the full motive, the vastness (both active and passive) of the conspiracy, and the ideology behind both in order to recover, or discover for the first time, democracy.  diEugenio tills the soil in "JFK’s  Embrace of Third World Nationalists."